- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10.2-ounce) cans refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
How to Make It
Stir together first 7 ingredients. Split biscuits in half; roll each half into a 4-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl until blended.
Spoon ricotta mixture evenly onto each circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Top evenly with tomato. Brush edges lightly with water. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal; prick tops. Brush calzones with egg mixture. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 450° for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. (Do not overbake.) Serve immediately.