Surprise Bean Soup
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Enjoy this Bean Soup recipe for a fall family dinner. The surprise ingredient is peanut butter and it adds a rich and creamy texture to the soup.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 16-oz. pkg. bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans navy beans, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Return bacon to skillet; stir in onion, carrot and celery, cooking until onion is translucent.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, stir together bacon mixture, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and beans until hot and bubbly. Stir in peanut butter and pepper until well combined. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This