- 1 16-oz. pkg. bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans navy beans, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Return bacon to skillet; stir in onion, carrot and celery, cooking until onion is translucent.
In a large stockpot over medium heat, stir together bacon mixture, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and beans until hot and bubbly. Stir in peanut butter and pepper until well combined. Serve immediately.