Suppertime Turnip Greens
- 2 (1-pound) packages turnip greens
- 4 cups water
- 1 bacon slice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Remove and discard stems from greens. Coarsely chop leaves.
- Bring 4 cups water and bacon slice to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add greens, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, sugar, and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat 35 to 45 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables