Supper's Baby Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Basil Dressing [Philly Homegrown]
http://food.visitphilly.com/summer-recipe-series-suppers-baby-tomato-salad-with-buttermilk-basil-dressing/ In our second installment to our summer recipe series, we thought there’s no better way to showcase these glorious little jewels than by sharing Chef Mitch Prensky’s, of Supper and Lemon Hill fame, Baby Tomato Salad. To accompany the sweet toms, Chef Prensky has whipped up a delicious Buttermilk Basil Dressing that is all at once creamy, tart and tad spicy.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 quart(s) Heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 shallot (small) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 basil bunch blanched and chopped fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- ut tomatoes into wedges or halves, season with salt and pepper and place in a metal bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Strain dressing into a small bowl and chill for a few minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from freezer and douse with chilled buttermilk dressing to taste. Add additional cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Plate and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Supper's Baby Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Basil Dressing [Philly Homegrown] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads