- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed ground beef, pork and veal
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Cooked spaghetti, for serving
How to Make It
In a small bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk. In a large bowl, mix the ground meat with the soaked bread crumbs, the onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, egg, salt and pepper.
Form the meat mixture into 4 large balls. In a deep nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the meat balls and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 7 minutes. Add the marinara sauce to the skillet; cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve over cooked spaghetti.