So Delicious! Fresh, Spicy, and meat free! Love the crunch and flavors- I also add jalapenos to the vinegar/veggie mixture. Yummy!
Supercrunch Tofu Tacos
More From Cooking Light
Total: 42 Minutes
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 18.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 516mg
- Calcium: 256mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (2-inch) julienne-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (2-inch) julienne-cut peeled daikon radish
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1. Cut tofu lengthwise into 2 (1-inch-thick) slices. Cut each slice lengthwise into 4 (1-inch-thick) strips. Place tofu on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels; top with a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper. Add canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add tofu to pan; cook 10 minutes or until browned, turning to brown all sides. Remove tofu from pan, and drain on paper towels. Add cashews to pan; cook 30 seconds or until nuts are just beginning to brown. Remove nuts with a slotted spoon, and coarsely chop. Cut tofu strips crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Combine 1/4 cup vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add carrots and radish. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and 1 teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange about 1/4 cup carrot mixture in center of each tortilla; top with 4 tofu pieces, about 1/2 teaspoon cashews, about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture, and 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note