Chewy, sticks to your throath like eating a spoon of peanutbutter.
Supercharged Cherry-Almond Cookies
Fruits and nuts give this cookie nutritional cred: Almonds provide vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium; tart cherries contribute disease-fighting anthocyanins and sleep-regulating melatonin. Find almond flour in your supermarket's natural foods section, or pulse 1 cup almonds in a food processor.
More From Health
Cook (Per Batch): 15 Minutes
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy; beat in egg, applesauce, and almond extract. Stir in dry ingredients until combined, then stir in cherries and almonds.
- 3. Spoon dough by heaping teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 15 minutes, until golden. Cool on pans 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note