Super Vegetable Salad
Feel free to vary the vegetables according to the season in this Super Vegetable Salad. Don’t like tofu? Just sub in the protein of your choice.
More From Health
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 53mg
- Calcium: 181mg
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 large broccoli florets, cut up
- 12 green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head lettuce (Paul likes romaine)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 9 ounces tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In small roasting pan, roast cherry tomatoes 10 minutes.
- 2. In saucepan, steam broccoli, beans, and carrots over 1 inch boiling water (15 minutes, or until tender).
- 3. Arrange lettuce leaves and scallions on 4 plates. In small bowl, whisk 2 TBSP oil with vinegar, mustard, and syrup.
- 4. In shallow bowl, combine cornmeal and herbs. In large skillet, heat remaining 1 TBSP oil. Dip tofu in cornmeal and sauté until golden.
- 5. Top salad with vegetables, tomatoes, and tofu; drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note