Super Vegetable Salad
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 53mg
- Calcium: 181mg
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 large broccoli florets, cut up
- 12 green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head lettuce (Paul likes romaine)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 9 ounces tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In small roasting pan, roast cherry tomatoes 10 minutes.
- 2. In saucepan, steam broccoli, beans, and carrots over 1 inch boiling water (15 minutes, or until tender).
- 3. Arrange lettuce leaves and scallions on 4 plates. In small bowl, whisk 2 TBSP oil with vinegar, mustard, and syrup.
- 4. In shallow bowl, combine cornmeal and herbs. In large skillet, heat remaining 1 TBSP oil. Dip tofu in cornmeal and sauté until golden.
- 5. Top salad with vegetables, tomatoes, and tofu; drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This