- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 large broccoli florets, cut up
- 12 green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head lettuce (Paul likes romaine)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 9 ounces tofu, cut into 8 slices
- calories 267
- fat 14.1 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 8.3 g
- polyfat 3.3 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 53 mg
- calcium 181 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. In small roasting pan, roast cherry tomatoes 10 minutes.
In saucepan, steam broccoli, beans, and carrots over 1 inch boiling water (15 minutes, or until tender).
Arrange lettuce leaves and scallions on 4 plates. In small bowl, whisk 2 TBSP oil with vinegar, mustard, and syrup.
In shallow bowl, combine cornmeal and herbs. In large skillet, heat remaining 1 TBSP oil. Dip tofu in cornmeal and sauté until golden.
Top salad with vegetables, tomatoes, and tofu; drizzle with dressing.