Super Swiss Steak
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/2 pound(s) boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) (10 3/4 oz.) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cloves optional,
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 t. salt and pepper. Add the beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Remove steak from bag and flatten to 3/4" thickness.
- In a large skillet, brown steak on both sides in oil over medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato soup, onion, marjoram, thyme, paprika, cloves if desired, bay leaf and remaining salt; pour over beef.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaMarsha and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes