Super Swiss Steak
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/2 pound(s) boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) (10 3/4 oz.) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cloves optional,
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 t. salt and pepper. Add the beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Remove steak from bag and flatten to 3/4" thickness.
- In a large skillet, brown steak on both sides in oil over medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato soup, onion, marjoram, thyme, paprika, cloves if desired, bay leaf and remaining salt; pour over beef.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaMarsha and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note