My family enjoyed this chili. It was easy to make. Its a great weeknight meal.
Super Quick Chili
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Slice tops from 16 (1-oz.) hearty round dinner rolls, and then let guests hollow out centers and spoon chili into them.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (16-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 2 (16-oz.) cans small red beans
- 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes
- 1. Brown beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef to Dutch oven; sprinkle with chili powder, Creole seasoning, and cumin, and sauté 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in diced tomatoes and next 2 ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Serve with toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews