I made this for dinner last night and will definitely make it again! I followed the recipe exactly and my husband and I both thought it was great. We had it with black-eyed peas and roasted potatoes. I am eating left overs right now for my lunch and it still tastes great. Even today it is still very moist and not crumbly at all.
You can bake this cornbread one day in advance. Allow it cool completely; then wrap tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- 2. Combine sour cream, eggs, and corn in a medium bowl. Whisk in cornmeal mix just until combined. Whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This