How disappointing! This cornbread was very bland. I made this for a dinner party, and had to appologize to my guests for
You can bake this cornbread one day in advance. Allow it to cool completely; then wrap tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
This recipe goes with Black-eyed Pea Cornbread Cakes With Jalapeño Sour Cream
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- Heat butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet in 400° oven 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Combine sour cream, eggs, and corn in a medium bowl. Whisk in cornmeal mix just until combined. Whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This