- 3 firm-ripe avocados (2 1/2 lb. total)
- 4 navel oranges (3 3/4 lb. total)
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted smoked almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- Sunshine dressing
- 4 quarts spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- calories 737
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 49 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- carbohydrate 74 g
- fiber 15 g
- sodium 257 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pit and peel 2 avocados. Cut peel and white membrane from 2 oranges. Cut peeled avocados and oranges into 3/4-inch cubes and put in a bowl. Add rice, almonds, dates, and 1/3 cup dressing; mix.
Arrange spinach around rims of salad plates. Mound rice mixture in center of spinach.
Pit, peel, and thinly slice remaining avocado lengthwise. Cut peel and membrane off remaining oranges, cut fruit in halves, then slice crosswise. Arrange avocado and orange slices around rice mixture. Moisten salads with remaining dressing. Season to taste with salt.