Power up your mornings with Sunshine Muffins. This portable sweet treat contains whole grains, yogurt, nuts, fresh fruit, and even veggies.
Yield: Makes: 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 126mg
- Calcium: 339mg
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, divided
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients (through salt). In another bowl, grate 1 tsp orange zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Whisk in the sugar, egg whites, oil, and yogurt. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in carrots and 1 1/2 cups cranberries.
- 3. Divide batter among muffin cups. Top with pistachios and remaining cranberries.
- 4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean (22-25 minutes). Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Unmold; cool completely on rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes