Sunshine Carrots and Asparagus
Photo: Charles Walton
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 pounds thin, fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Cook carrots in 2 quarts boiling water in a Dutch oven 5 minutes. Add asparagus, and boil 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until melted. Toss with carrots and asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note