Sunshine Apricot Sauce
Apricots are at their peak right now, and we love them in this fresh, sweet-tart sauce. Depending on the sweetness of your apricots, you may need to use more or less sugar.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 0.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more to taste
- 1/2 pound apricots, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar, 1/2 cup water, and the apricots to a simmer. Cover and cook until apricots are completely tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Carefully transfer apricot mixture and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until sauce is blended but still slightly chunky. Taste and add more sugar if you like. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or chilled.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 week; keep chilled.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note