"Strawberries: Beyond Desserts" by Michael Hastiings. Mark Allison, dean of culinary education at Johnson & Wales University: Charlotte, NC, likes to serve this colorful slaw with tuna. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: May 4, 2011.
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, cut into fine strips
- 1 small jicama, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into fine strips
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, cut into fine dice
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1. Place the Cajun seasoning, red-pepper flakes, cumin and sugar into a bowl; add the lime zest and juice. Whisk in the oil.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well. Place in refrigerator to infuse the flavors for about 1 hour before serving. Serve as a side with pan-roasted cod or your favorite fish, such as tuna or salmon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note