A play on the classic iced tea and lemonade drink made popular by legendary golfer Arnold Palmer. In this version, the combination of lemon-scented ingredients gives a gentler citrus flavor.
More From Sunset
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup each fresh lemon verbena* and lemon balm leaves*, plus lemon verbena for garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup brewed black tea, such as English breakfast, cooled
- 1. Put lemongrass, lemon verbena, lemon balm, and zest in a heatproof container. Pour 2 cups boiling water over herbs and steep 20 minutes. Strain, then stir in sugar.
- 2. Divide liquid between 2 ice-filled glasses. Top each with about 1/2 cup black tea. Garnish with lemon verbena leaves.
- *Grow your own lemon verbena and lemon balm, or look for them at a farmers' market.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note