Sunset Chicken with Grilled Vegetable-Rice Pilaf
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked basmati or long-grain rice
- Spice mix:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 large onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces green bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- To prepare marinade, combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish, and add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Drain; discard marinade.
- To prepare rice, bring raisins and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Keep warm.
- To prepare spice mix, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub 1 tablespoon spice mix over chicken. Combine remaining spice mix, onion, and bell peppers in a bowl, tossing to coat. Thread vegetables alternately onto 3 (12-inch) skewers.
- Prepare grill.
- Place kebabs and chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from skewers. Combine cooked rice, vegetables, cashews, and oil in a large bowl; toss well. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sunset Chicken with Grilled Vegetable-Rice Pilaf Recipe at a Glance