- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked basmati or long-grain rice
- Spice mix:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 large onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces green bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- calories 348
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 43.6 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 415 mg
- calcium 48 mg
How to Make It
To prepare marinade, combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish, and add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Drain; discard marinade.
To prepare rice, bring raisins and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Keep warm.
To prepare spice mix, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub 1 tablespoon spice mix over chicken. Combine remaining spice mix, onion, and bell peppers in a bowl, tossing to coat. Thread vegetables alternately onto 3 (12-inch) skewers.
Place kebabs and chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Remove the vegetables from skewers. Combine cooked rice, vegetables, cashews, and oil in a large bowl; toss well. Serve with chicken.