Sunny Orange Marmalade
- 12 oranges (about 6 pounds)
- 2 lemons
- 4 cups water
- 9 cups sugar
- Peel oranges, and cut rind into thin strips. Chop pulp, discarding seeds. Cut lemons into thin slices, discarding seeds.
- Combine orange rind, chopped pulp, lemon slices, and 4 cups water in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine fruit mixture and sugar in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until a candy thermometer registers 215°.
- Pack hot marmalade into hot sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch