- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- 8 ounces sunflower sprouts (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chèvre)
- calories 373
- caloriesfromfat 80 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 33 g
- satfat 7.8 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- sodium 513 mg
- cholesterol 13 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cut off and discard bottom halves of asparagus spears. Cut tops into 2-in. lengths. Cook asparagus until barely tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl of ice and cold water. When cool, drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce leaves and sprouts. Add half of the reserved vinaigrette and toss carefully just until coated. Divide lettuce and sprouts among 4 plates, starting with the largest leaves for the bottom layer. Sprinkle each pile of greens with asparagus, cucumber, bell pepper, and radishes. Drizzle the vegetables with a little more vinaigrette.
Place 1 tbsp. goat cheese on each salad and serve with remaining vinaigrette and sea salt for sprinkling if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.