I used tilapia since orange roughy wasn't readily available... It came out absolutely delicious, the combination of panko and sunflower seeds makes for a flavorful and satisfying texture.
Sunflower Seed-Crusted Orange Roughy
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 4 (6-ounce) orange roughy fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon slices (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°. Place a jelly-roll pan in oven while preheating.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Combine panko and sunflower seed kernels in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg white mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Place fish on a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove jelly-roll pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Coat fish with cooking spray; place on pan. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes