Sooooo yummy and super easy! I would happily serve this to guests or just make it for family night anytime I can find orange roughy. I followed the recipe exactly, and it was great. I think subbing in other white, flakey fish would also be tasty. Definitely a new favorite for me!
Sunflower Seed-Crusted Orange Roughy
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 4 (6-ounce) orange roughy fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon slices (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°. Place a jelly-roll pan in oven while preheating.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Combine panko and sunflower seed kernels in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg white mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Place fish on a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove jelly-roll pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Coat fish with cooking spray; place on pan. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note