Really flavorful and easy to prepare. I did slightly over-brown it in the last minute so be careful! I only had dry roasted sunflower seeds so I added them as I added the honey mixture. Couldn't find unsweetened coconut at the store so will have to search this out.
Sunflower Granola Breakfast Parfaits
To make this portable breakfast a snap, prepare the granola in advance and store it in an airtight container. Be sure to keep a close eye on the broiler so the granola doesn't burn. You can also sub pitted fresh cherries or any ripe berry for the raspberries.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1. Place oven rack on middle shelf, about 10 inches below broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients on a baking sheet; toss well. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every 1 minute. Combine butter, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Drizzle butter mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat. Broil granola an additional 2 minutes or until well toasted, stirring after 1 minute. Remove granola from oven; cool on pan 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup yogurt into each of 8 bowls. Top with about 1/3 cup granola and about 1/4 cup berries.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note