Sunday's Lamb Stew! (Crock Pot) Rachel Ray
Denny made this -- it was awesome!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Ingredients Listed Below
- 2 lbs lamb (stewing, bone)
- 2 cups white wine (red)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 24 ozs chicken broth
- 2 cups water (fully cover lamb)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 red potato
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery rib
- 5 ozs peas (baby)
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 3 tbsps tomato paste
- 12 onion
- parsley (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- rosemary (optional)
- 1 Take Lamb out of package and put into crock pot.
- 2 Cover the Lamb with 2 bay leaves, cooking wine, 1 can of chicken broth and enough water to cover.
- 3 Add 2 garlic cloves, preferably use a garlic press.
- 4 Put the Lamb on high for 4 hours.
- 5 Remove Lamb from Crock Pot, and let liquid cool for 1 hour.
- 6 Chop up onion, potatoes, carrot, celery and tomato.
- 7 Place 1/2 carrots and chopped up yukon potato on the bottom of a baking dish, and place lamb on top (make sure to remove and bones at this point).
- 8 Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min and remove from oven.
- 9 Skim off any fat from the top of the liquid in the crock pot.
- 10 Add, 2 Tablespoons flour and whisk with the cooled liquid.
- 11 Use a garlic press to press the last 2 garlic cloves.
- 12 Add the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot, and let cook for 3-4 more hours. Let stand for a while before serving to thicken.
- 13 Use parsley as a garnish!
- 14 Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sunday's Lamb Stew! (Crock Pot) Rachel Ray Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews