Sunday Fried Chicken
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Calories from fat: 7.5%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 573mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 1/2 lb. each) or whole legs (thigh and drumstick, about 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Cooking oil spray
- 1. Remove and discard skin and excess fat from chicken. Rinse chicken and pat the pieces dry.
- 2. Place cornflakes in a plastic food bag and crush gently with your hands to make very coarse crumbs.
- 3. Add thyme, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to bag; shake to mix.
- 4. In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites with a fork until slightly frothy.
- 5. Coat chicken pieces with egg white, drain briefly, then put in bag with crumb mixture, 1 piece at a time. Turn bag to coat chicken well.
- 6. Arrange chicken pieces slightly apart in a 10- by 15-inch nonstick pan. Lightly mist chicken with cooking oil spray.
- 7. Bake chicken in a 425° oven until meat is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), about 25 minutes for breasts, about 30 minutes for legs.
- 8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note