Sun-Dried Tomato-Vegetable Pasta
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta, 1 cup vegetable mixture, and 1 teaspoon pine nuts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 66.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 879mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 1 (3-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package ready-to-eat broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes; set aside.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add basil; process until minced. Add cheese and pepper; process until blended. With the food processor on, slowly pour olive oil through food chute; process until well-blended. Set pesto aside.
- Steam mixed vegetables, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set steamed vegetables aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth and canned tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pesto and steamed vegetables.
- Spoon pasta onto individual plates, and top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes