- 1 (3-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package ready-to-eat broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- calories 378
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 15.4 g
- carbohydrate 66.2 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 879 mg
- calcium 131 mg
How to Make It
Chop sun-dried tomatoes; set aside.
Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add basil; process until minced. Add cheese and pepper; process until blended. With the food processor on, slowly pour olive oil through food chute; process until well-blended. Set pesto aside.
Steam mixed vegetables, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set steamed vegetables aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth and canned tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pesto and steamed vegetables.
Spoon pasta onto individual plates, and top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with pine nuts.