I've been making this recipe for years. It's easy and delicious. Crackers and veggies work when you don't have time to make the bread.
Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade with Crostini
Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade with Crostini takes about 30 minutes to prepare and can be made up to two days in advance. Store the tapenade, covered, in the refrigerator, and garnish with parsley immediately before serving. Store toasted and cooled bread slices in an airtight container.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 72 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 2 loaves)
- Cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes; cover and let stand 15 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, olives, basil, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Place tomato mixture in a small bowl; stir in oil. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place half of bread slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat bread slices with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes. Turn bread slices over; lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake an additional 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Cool completely.
- Garnish tapenade with parsley, if desired; serve with crostini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note