Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes, drained (packed in oil)
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed under a knife and peeled
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
- (The pesto can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 month).
- To spice it up a bit, you can add 2 Red chillies.
- Note: -To store, transfer the pesto into a clean jar, smooth out the top with a spatula and cover with a thin layer of olive oil before refrigerating. You can use toasted walnuts or almonds in place of pine nuts. - I add cheese only if I plan to use up the whole batch immediately. When storing for later I prefer to add cheese when I prepare the final dish.- Cilantro instead of basil also makes for a really potent pesto here
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads