I was looking for a hors d'oeuvres recipe without cheese and found this gem. It was a big hit last night. I couldn't find sun dried tomatoes so used California Sun Dried brand Sundried Tomato Spread instead. Added basil and omitted oil as recommended in other reviews. Thanks!
Sun-Dried Tomato Palmiers
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 54 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1. Place first 5 ingredients in a mini chopper; process until finely chopped.
- 2. Unfold dough, and roll to a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread the tomato mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Roll up long sides of dough, jelly-roll fashion, until they meet in the middle. Chill 20 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 4. Cut dough roll crosswise into 20 slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This