Husband went nuts for this! Healthy, easy and very, very good.
Sun-Dried Tomato Meat Loaf with Red Currant-Wine Sauce
Red currant jelly and wine make a quick, rich sauce that is a nice change from the typical ketchup topping. Serve with mashed potatoes. If you decide to freeze one of the meat loaves for later, make half the amount of red currant-wine sauce now and half when you bake the frozen meat loaf.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 193mg
- Meat loaf:
- Cooking spray
- 3 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare meat loaves, place bread in food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs, onion, and next 7 ingredients (onion through eggs). Divide meat mixture in half. Press each portion into prepared pans.
- Bake at 400° for 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180°.
- To prepare sauce, combine jelly, wine, and flour in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until jelly melts.
- To freeze unbaked meat loaf: Prepare through Step 3. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing to remove as much air as possible. Wrap with heavy-duty foil. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.
- To prepare frozen unbaked meat loaf: Thaw completely in refrigerator (about 24 hours). Preheat oven to 400º. Remove foil; reserve foil. Remove plastic wrap; discard wrap. Cover meat loaf with reserved foil; bake at 400º for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180º. Prepare half of red currant-wine sauce; serve over meat loaf.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note