Sun-Dried Tomato Gravy
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 6)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup meat loaf pan drippings or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes or until softened. Drain well, and finely chop.
Place flour in a small saucepan, and gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Stir in tomatoes, pan drippings, green onions, salt, basil, and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments