Sun-dried Tomato and Garlic Whipped Potatoes
Tangy tomato bits and a subtle garlic flavor enhance these fluffy spuds.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 183
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 355mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 3 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, place dried tomatoes and garlic cloves in a mini food processor; process until finely minced. Combine milk and butter in a glass bowl. Partially cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Combine potatoes, warm milk, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until potatoes are fluffy. Gently stir in dried tomatoes and garlic.
- Make-Ahead: Cover and chill prepared potatoes overnight. Microwave at HIGH 5 to 7 minutes to reheat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables