I used one package of the Chik'N (4 pieces) and had 2x the breading needed. Just make half of it. Next time I'll try baking them 15-20 minutes at 400. The flavor and texture of these are really good. Served them with a dollop of tomato sauce.
A vegetarian chicken scallopini, Gardein-brand vegan chicken, is breaded with a seasoned bread crumb coating and sun-dried tomatoes for a gourmet vegetarian and vegan entree, perfect for any special occasion dinner. Recipe and photo courtesy of gardein. Here, it's pictured with some roasted potatoes and a gourmet spinach and basil puree.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs (half panko?)
- 1/2 jar(s) oil-packed sun dried tomatoes drained, oil reserved
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil from tomatoes
- 2 clove(s) garlic large, minced
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) soy milk
- 1 package(s) Gardein-brand vegan chicken
- Process the bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and garlic together in a food processor until well combined.
- Place flour in a wide shallow container, and place soy milk in a separate shallow container.
- Place each thawed "chicken" cutlet in flour, then dip into soymilk, then coat well with sun-dried tomatoe bread crumbs.
- Sautee over medium-high heat until lightly browned and well crisped.
- Recipe from:
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes