LOVE this recipe. My dad actually said it was his favorite meal, ever. I did "up" the amount of basil and sun dried tomatoes, as well as add goat cheese, which I would highly recommend. I make it with chicken breast tenders, so they're teeny and so moist and delish. I marinate if possible, too, as I think it makes it juicier and tastier. HIGHLY recommend. Everyone from 2 year old to 58 year old loved it!
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
The toppings of sun-dried tomatoes and sliced fresh basil add more flavor and a pretty appearance to this chicken recipe. Here's the trick to softening the texture of sun-dried tomatoes: Buy them packed in oil, and then drain and rinse in hot water to remove oil. Chop tomatoes with a knife, or snip them into smaller pieces with kitchen shears.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (4-lb.) package chicken pieces (3 breasts, 4 thighs, 3 legs)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette with roasted red pepper dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Toppings: chopped sun-dried tomatoes, sliced fresh basil
- 1. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour dressing evenly over chicken pieces, and sprinkle with ground pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 hour or until done, basting every 15 minutes. Sprinkle baked chicken with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Good Seasons Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette With Roasted Red Pepper dressing.
- Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Breasts: Substitute 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts for chicken pieces. Prepare recipe as directed, decreasing bake time to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note