I made this for company and we all liked it. The flavor was good, but the consistency was softish and the color was ugly! I served this with trisciuts and whole wheat pita chips.
Sun-Dried Tomato Cheesecake
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 5 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups sun-dried tomato halves, packed without oil (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup drained canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 72 Melba toast rounds (about 12.5 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment.
- To prepare crust, place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse breadcrumbs measure 2 cups. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, rind, and pepper in a medium bowl. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add butter mixture to breadcrumbs; stir with a fork. Press breadcrumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Add lemon juice and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites); process until smooth. Add tomatoes, basil, and artichoke; process until well blended. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until almost set; let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill; cut into 24 wedges. Serve at room temperature with Melba toast rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers