- 5 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups sun-dried tomato halves, packed without oil (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup drained canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 72 Melba toast rounds (about 12.5 ounces)
- calories 164
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 9.3 g
- carbohydrate 18.1 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 410 mg
- calcium 82 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment.
To prepare crust, place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse breadcrumbs measure 2 cups. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, rind, and pepper in a medium bowl. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add butter mixture to breadcrumbs; stir with a fork. Press breadcrumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
To prepare filling, cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Add lemon juice and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites); process until smooth. Add tomatoes, basil, and artichoke; process until well blended. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until almost set; let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill; cut into 24 wedges. Serve at room temperature with Melba toast rounds.