Summery Fettuccine Alfredo
Photo: © Squire Fox
This extra-light Alfredo sauce for pasta gets its silkiness from fresh ricotta and grated pecorino cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese, 1 1/2 ounces plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the fettuccine well.
- Add the ricotta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water; stir until smooth. Add the fettuccine and the basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve in bowls, passing additional grated pecorino at the table.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes