Summertime Strawberry Shortcake
This sweet summertime strawberry shortcake is the perfect ending to any meal. Fresh fruit and cream are the keys to creating this delectable dessert.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 3 to 4 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Whisk together egg and light cream; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Divide dough into 6 parts; pat into biscuits and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool biscuits briefly on a wire rack. Split in half with a serrated knife; spread bottoms with remaining butter. Top with berries and whipped cream; add tops. Garnish with remaining berries and cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts