Very good and so easy to make. I followed other suggestions and cut the sugar in half and also added diced peaches to the mix. Now I am looking for other fruits, etc. to add to this easy base - I am thinking of trying one with cherries and chocolate - kind of like Cherry Garcia!!!
Summertime Peach Ice Cream
- 4 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches (about 8 small ripe peaches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- Combine peaches and sugar, and let stand 1 hour.
- Process peach mixture in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a large bowl; stir in peach puree, condensed milk, and half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into an airtight container, and freeze until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Summertime Peach Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook
- CUISINE: Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: Summer, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This