Summertime Fruit Salad with Cream
The whipped cream topping can be made four hours ahead if kept chilled and covered. If you don't have Chambord, use Grand Marnier, crème de cassis (black currant-flavored liqueur), or two teaspoons raspberry extract for the sugar syrup.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 24.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups diced nectarines
- 1 cup pitted and halved sweet cherries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine 1/3 cup water, 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cup Chambord, and juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Simmer 8 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Combine nectarines and next 4 ingredients (through blueberries) in a large bowl. Add sugar mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Place whipping cream and 2 teaspoons sugar in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 teaspoon Chambord. Serve whipped cream over fruit, and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note