Excellent I decreased the oil in both recipes and it still tasted delicious. I used Parmesan cheese and pecans instead Pine nuts and Manchego cheese.
Summer Veggie Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Calcium: 213mg
- 4 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce pine nuts, toasted (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Coat mushrooms, onion, corn, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash with cooking spray. Arrange vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 3. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut kernels from ears of corn; add to oil mixture. Cut remaining vegetables into bite-sized pieces; add to oil mixture. Toss gently to combine. Top with cheese and pine nuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note