Mega-veggie deliciousness! I sub'd a Boboli thin pizza crust for the dough, and lima beans for the corn. I had to leave off the basil (since the store was out of it!!), but I sprinkled on some no-salt Italian herb blend. Messy but worth the 10 pts!!
Summer Veggie Pizza
If you have dough left over, freeze it; thaw overnight in the refrigerator before use.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- Calcium: 185mg
- 8 ounces store-bought pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant (do not brown). Remove garlic from oil, and discard garlic. Remove garlic oil from pan; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Place onion mixture in a bowl, and add asparagus. Cut corn from cob; add corn to vegetable mixture.
- 3. Scatter cornmeal over a lightly floured surface; roll dough into a 13-inch circle on prepared surface. Transfer dough to a baking sheet; brush with garlic oil. Top with vegetable mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle cheese, salt, and pepper over top. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until golden. Top with basil. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note