Summer Veggie Pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked whole-grain linguine
- 1/2 pound zucchini
- 1/2 pound yellow squash
- 1 pound tomatoes, finely chopped (3 medium tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), toasted
- 8 small basil leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 350
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 380 mg
- calcium 113 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
While the pasta cooks, shave zucchini and squash into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) to bowl; toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat.
Add pasta to vegetables, tossing gently to combine. Top with panko, basil, radishes, and cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.