Summer Vegetables with Sausage and Potatoes
Lean Italian chicken sausage with summer bell peppers and zucchini sauteed with baby red potatoes and fresh herbs for a quick one pot meal. I love a meal that only dirties one pot because although I may love to cook, I really don't love to clean! I labeled this as kid-friendly because my older one (the pickier one) loves this and my younger one will eat the sausage and peppers, but picks out the potatoes. Since every child is different I'll let you decide! This is also gluten-free for those of you with a gluten intolerance, dairy-free and egg-free. You can use Italian chicken sausage or turkey sausage depending on what is available to you in your area. I've tasted several brands and really came to love Al Fresco's sweet chicken sausage and Premio's chicken sausage. My local health food store and Italian deli also carry their own homemade sausage which is wonderful. If rosemary isn't your thing, use fresh thyme instead.
Yield: 4 servings ( Serving Size: A little over 1 3/4 cups (326 calories) )
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) baby red potatoes cut in half or quartered
- 2 teaspoon(s) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 14 ounce(s) Italian chicken sausage sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 large loaf(s) Onion Chopped
- 4-5 clove(s) garlic smashed with the side of a knife
- 1/2 orange bell pepper diced 1-inch squares
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper diced 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary
- 2 cup(s) zucchini 1/2 inch thick and quartered
- Place oil and potatoes in a large, deep non-stick skillet with a tight fitting lid on high heat; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. When the skillet gets hot and starts to sizzle, reduce heat to low and cook with a tight lid on for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent the potatoes from burning. Remove from heat and let them sit 5 minutes without removing the lid. Set potatoes aside on a dish.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and saute on medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until browned but not quite cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season chopped vegetables with salt and pepper. Add onions, peppers, garlic and rosemary to the skillet and mix. Continue cooking stirring occasionally until onions and peppers become slightly browned. Add zucchini and cook an additional 5 minutes, mixing as it cooks until cooked through.
- Return the potatoes back to the skillet and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper as needed; cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Servings: 4 • Size: little over 1 3/4 cups • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 8 pts
- Calories: 326 • Fat: 11 g • Protein: 23 g • Carb: 33.5 g • Fiber: 5.3 g • Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 897 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Traceysmaurer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note