A very good recipe; I suggest adding more tomatos, 3 cups anyway if you have great garden tomatos. Don't add any more rigitoni than it calls for or you won't have the right noodle to sauce mix. Second time I used whatever cheese was on hand and that worked just fine. Also used broccoli instead of peas and that was very good as well. Will make this one again for sure. Also, I chopped up chicken and stir fried it briefly and that makes the dish ready to eat with no cutting.
Summer Vegetable Rigatoni with Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- Cooking spray
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions for 10 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain mixture over a bowl, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid; rinse with cold water. Drain.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes; cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- 3. Combine oil, garlic, oregano sprigs, and thyme sprigs in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 4 minutes or just until garlic begins to brown. Add reserved 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes); discard herb sprigs. Stir in 2 ounces cheese; stir until cheese melts. Stir in pasta mixture. Stir in chicken, remaining 1 ounce cheese, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme leaves.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note