Summer Vegetable Casserole
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium-size yellow squash, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place rice in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Layer eggplant, onion, squash, zucchini, green pepper, and tomato in baking dish; sprinkle brown sugar mixture over each layer. Dot with butter. Cover tightly, and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles